50 Ways To Be Happier
Who doesn't want to be
? Furthermore, is happiness as elusive as we may have
been lead to believe?
I think not.
Certainly much has been written about the pursuit of happiness
lately, however, I believe it is much simpler and probably easier to be
happy than we think.
Perhaps in this increasingly complex world that we live, we
are over-complicating what it takes to be happy. Happiness
often lies in the simplest of things.
Here are 50 simple ways
in which you can add to your happiness:
1. Accept that life is not perfect.
2. Don't take yourself too seriously.
3. Don't take others too seriously.
4. Appreciate yourself.
5. Have meaningful goals
- they give you purpose.
6. Get a pet.
7. Cultivate friendships. To have friends, be a friend.
8. Be supportive and seek support when needed.
9. Don't confuse materialism with success
10. Know that money does not buy happiness.
11. Enjoy what you have.
12. Simplify your life.
13. Be more creative.
14. Be yourself.
15. Be more spontaneous.
16. Spend more time with happy people.
17. Keep a happiness journal for writing about the things that give you
18. Find what you love to do and make it your life's work.
19. Be willing to
and experience new things.
20. Be flexible.
21. Be open-minded.
22. Enjoy simple pleasures.
23. Practice gratitude.
24. Think improvement, not perfection.
25. When things aren't going well; know that it will pass.
26. Know that it's not what happens to you, but how you perceive it
27. Learn to live in and savor the moment.
29. Get enough sleep.
30. Maintain a healthy diet.
31. Enjoy good
32. Have a hobby.
33. Take time for fun.
34. Practice moderation.
35. Cultivate an appreciation for the arts.
37. Help others.
38. Have faith.
39. As Richard Carlson has said - Don't sweat the small stuff.
40. Smile for no particular reason.
41. Be agreeable.
42. Love yourself.
43. Listen to good music
44. Watch less TV.
45. Give it your best.
46. Pamper yourself.
47. Practice mindfulness.
48. As Bessie Anderson Stanley wrote in her little verse Success:
"Live well, love much and laugh often."
49. Be happy now. Don't make it conditional.
50. Share your happiness with others.
Interestingly, I experienced more happiness in the compiling of this
list. As I contemplated each point it made me happier just thinking
about it. Who'd have thought it?
4 Ways to Increase Your Happy Chemicals
These Happiness Quotes
10 Positive Habits to
Good Habits in 7 Simple Steps