The only problem is that life moves us far along before we figure out what's going on and the wisdom we hope to have gained is sometimes late in coming.
To spare you some of the hard knocks and trial and error, here are some life lessons to help you along.
3. The most boring word in any language is "I". It's wonderful to be self-confident and self-sufficient, however, it's not all about you. There is nothing more monotonous than hearing someone talk about themselves and their accomplishments endlessly. Being self-centered is not the same as having self-confidence.
4. People are more important than things.
Relationships are more important than any material goods you may
acquire on the road to success. Without the love and support of family and friends in
life, material goods are not of much use. Setting your values and priorities can help
you establish what's important.
5. Nobody else can make you happy. Your happiness and state of mind are your responsibility. It's up to each of us to know what it takes to be balanced and happy. Our relationships enhance our lives and make them richer, but they do not "make" us happy. We do.
Enjoy: 50 Ways to Be Happier
6. Character and integrity count. It's important to be a person of honor. Your good word and deeds inspire trust and confidence from family, friends and employers. Be the kind of person others are proud to know.
7. Forgive yourself, your friends and your enemies. We are all only too human. All of us slip sometimes and make mistakes. Holding grudges and past hurts only serves to prevent us from enjoying life to the fullest.
8. A good joke can be better than any pill.
Take time to laugh each day. Humor really is good medicine.
10. Persistence will eventually get you almost anything. Never give up. Keep your goals and dreams alive.Failure is a great life teacher. It teaches us humility and how to correct our course of action. Thomas Edison had a great attitude towards failure. He said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
13. Learn from the mistakes of others. There's an old Zen proverb that states: "It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others."
14. Don't be afraid to show and tell others you love them. Life is short, so learn to give and receive love. Love and be loved.
15. Live so that there is only standing room at your funeral. Be the best spouse, parent, friend, boss or worker that you can be so that you can leave the world a better place than you found it.